Guest Fee @ RM35 ea
Prince of Virgins
Lye Shyong Ling
by: Petaling Hash House Harriers
95 visitors today 26-Nov-2015
139 total visitors previously
Last visitor IP [22.214.171.124]
Date of last visit
[26-Nov-2015 @ 21:07]
Current visitor IP [126.96.36.199]
Run 2013 - 10 Oct 2015
Run 2014 - 17 Oct 2015
Run 2015 - 24 Oct 2015
Run 2016 - 31 Oct 2015
Run 2017 - 07 Nov 2015
Run 2018 - 14 Nov 2015
Run 2019 - 21 Nov 2015
Run 2020 - 28 Nov 2015
Run 2021 - 05 Dec 2015
Movable Type 2.661
Run 2020 - 28 Nov 2015
SCOTTISH/ST ANDREW'S DAY RUN
Venue: 'Genting Valley' (between Ulu Yam and Batang Kali)
Hares: Neil Campbell & Patrick Russell
Co-Hares: Men in Skirts
Scribe: Rambo Chan
Comic: Maria Galindon
GPS: N3 27'52.0" E101 40'58.7"
From KL proceed to either:
Batang Kali via NSE & Rawang or Ulu Yam Baru via Batu Caves and reservoir road. From either, follow signs for Genting Highlands.
- At the famous 'Old Lucky Like' cross-roads approx half way between Ulu Yam Baru and Batang Kali set trip-meter and turn right (if coming from Ulu Yam)
or left ( if coming from Batang Kali) towards Genting Highlands.
- Proceed towards Genting from X-roads.
- At 2km and take first left at major junction sign-posted 'Genting Valley'. This road also takes you back to Batang Kali via Ulu Rening & Ulu Tamu junction.
- Follow HHH signs and proceed along winding back road for approx. 2km passing oil palms on left and right.
- At approx 3km look on right hand side for abandoned pondok-hut at entrance to Genting Valley housing development. Turn right here.
- Pass the ever increasing mountains of garbage, cross old concrete bridge, and park near/next to the abandoned blue roofed building on left.
ON-ON will be at the 'New Lucky Lite' in Batang Kali.
Run 2021 - 05 Dec 2015
Venue: Villa Bestari (Universiti Islam)
Hares: Frank Wijnands
Co-Hares: Abraham Klok & Roelof Schoemaker
Comic: Reid Cooper
GPS: Approx. N 3.256228, E 101.742446
- From the Duke Highway or Batu Caves, head toward the Karak Highway (direction Kuantan)
- Zero tripmeter at Shell+Petronas+MacDonald's, about 400m before the Gombak toll
- Exit left after passing the petrol stations, i.e. do not go through the toll
- Follow signs to Universiti Antarabangsa Islam Malaysia (UIAM)
- 2.8km Turn Right at T-junction traffic light (direction UIAM) into Jalan Sungai Pusu
- Cross over the Karak highway and continue straight through 2 traffic lights
- 4.9km Turn left into Persiaran Villa Bestari/Bistari
- Continue through the boom gate at 5.4 km and onto the unpaved road
- 6.2km Arrive at runsite
On-On: Thiam Fatt, Jalan Bandar 1
GPS: N 3.209203, E 101.751222
- Zero tripmeter at the first Right turn onto Jalan Sungai Pusu
- 1.8km Turn left and merge onto Karak Expressway E8
- 2.9 km exit to Lingkaran Tengah 2/Route 28
- 8.4 km, Left into Jalan Taman Melawati
- 8.5 km Left, after 50m left again
- Follow the road through a right turn and park along the first or second u-shaped road on the right
A FEW TIPS ON HOW TO SET A GREAT RUN
a) The objective of the hash is to provide all members and guests with approximately 75-90 minutes of interesting running over varied terrain, with the entire pack finishing within 30 minutes of each other. No one should become lost if they follow the trail
b) Select a site which has ample parking and give clear, understandable directions. Avoid parking on main roads and obtain land-owners permission where necessary. Do not choose a site within 500m of a kampong - respect local sensitivities to dogs; alcohol consumption; and showering in public.
c) Always use a 'Co-Hare', both for security and in order that the co-hare can take over if you are otherwise indisposed on the day. If you are unfamiliar with setting runs, choose an experienced co-hare. If you don't know any, ask the trail-master. There are plenty of willing members who will be only too happy to help.
d) The run should be approximately 8-10km, but can be shorter in difficult terrain. If you need to 'stretch' the front-runners, then do so by setting clever checks; by using false trails; and perhaps by inserting a penultimate / final circular check; but never by attempting to set a marathon. The hash is strictly non-competitive and should focus equally on both exercise and socialising. Choose the restaurant and the menu for the on-on carefully!
We'll provide a more complete guide when your turn comes round to set a run.
Next committee meeting: 17 Nov 2015
hareline has been updated up to run# 2051. Check when your next run is.
Our Hash Flash, (John C) posts very good pictures of PH3 runs. Click on any photo at the bottom of this page. This will bring you to PH3 photo album. We also have a PH3 Facebook page (Petaling Hash House Harriers) and Hash Flash.
RUBBISH AND EMPTY BOTTLES/CANS
Please clean up and take your rubbish with you and/or place it in designated containers!
Drinks are for consumption only at the run site. Please do not take unopened cans or bottles to your cars. Committee members will not hesitate to confront you and put you on the box as an abuser.
On a Saturday, at the PH3 run-site, Beer O'Clock is easy to define. It is either:
2) The time Front-Runner-On-Paper arrives back from the run (if there's a short and a normal, it's the normal run that counts)
The same rule applies to soft drinks (including for grubby little horrors!), but the big water-cooler is usually available to prevent anyone from dying of thirst.
Rules 1 & 2 apply to non-runners and guests too.
There are only a few habitual offenders, and we apologize for making the rest of you read this, but we want to make sure the rule is clear.
PH3 loves guests and visitors.
We welcome any Hasher and non Hasher to join us for a run and after run gathering on Saturdays. The current fee is RM 35.00 a head for the run and the circle refreshments (beer and softies). Any food at the restaurant is additional, but will usually cost you less than RM25.00.
How to get there?
- Print or copy directions to the run site from this PH3 page.
- If you need a lift, do request it at least 72 hours before the run and be sure you are on time at the designated pick-up location. Do exchange mobile phone numbers with the person you are riding with. Be on time.
You will need decent trail running shoes and running gear. Expect at least a 1.5 hour run or 2 hour+ walk in tropical forest/jungle conditions.
After the run
Bring change of clothes, towel, (water if you wish to shower/wash off), money to pay for the run fees and food later on. Expect to be given one or two down downs for visiting us.
ON ON and see you at the run!
Update your contact details
If there are any changes in your email, phone number, next of kin contact, etc., pls notify OnSec immediately @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The main responsibility you have as a member it to set a run when your turn comes (about once in 4 years). Check the receding hareline page. If you can't set the run, the onus is on you to find a replacement hare. If you quit close to the time of your run and wish to rejoin later on, you will still be requested to set a run at the time you rejoin.
1. Men : RM175 per quarter
2. Ladies (non-beer): RM85 per quarter
3. Associates: RM50 per quarter
4. Joining fee: RM50 per applicant
5. Guest fee adult: RM35 per run (drink beer or not)
6. Guest fee youngsters: RM10 per run
Please return all unused hash trail paper to the Trailmaster, Neil Campbell.
Please send your run location and directions to On-Sec and Trailmaster as early as possible before the run date (at least 4 weeks ahead).
Interhash 2016 is in Bali, Indonesia.
15 - 19 May 2016
Pre Lube at Central Java & East Java.
Limited to 500 people.
* Will be organised separately
17 - 19 May 2016
Welcome to Bali
19 May 2016
Red Dress Run
RDR Dinner Party
20 May 2016
21 May 2016
Long, medium & short run
Ball breaker run
22 May 2016
Long, medium & short run
Old Farts run
For more details and registration:
29th Apr 2016 - 01st May 2016 (Fri to Sun)
11th Malaysian Nash Hash 2016
Reg Fee: RM200.00 till 31st Aug 2015,
Contact: OC Grace Tan 0194411988
SOLSTICE HASH ON TOUR (S.H.O.T.)
Run # 22 Boracay, The Philippines,Dec 2015
Run # 23 South Korea, Jun 2016
for details visit:
HASH CHALLENGE 2016
WATCH OUT THIS SPACE