Guest Fee @ RM35 ea
Khoo Bee Leng
+6016 206 6915
+6012 222 0781
Lai Foo Weng
Lye Shyong Ling
2008 Hash Challenge
2006 Hash Challenge
Hashers on Tour
Robert Muliss Kundung Run
New Years Eve
Picnic at Janda Baik 12th Feb 2006
Picnic at Janda Baik July 2006
New Years Run
New Years Eve
Picnic at Janda Baik Aug 2005
PHUK July 05 and Frimley 2004
Full Moon Ballbreaker
Gemini Party 2012
Red Dress Run
Run 1506 - 21st Jan
Run 1530 - 8th July - Can-Am
Run 1526 - 10th Jun
Run 1544 - 14th October
Run 1527 - 17th June
Scribe Report Bkt Tinggi 14 Dec
11 May 2013
Run 1770 - 12 Feb
Run1617 8th March AGM
Run 1573 5th May Rawang - Opera
Run 1582 CanAm 7th July
Run 1571 21st April St Georges Day
Run 1572 - ANZAC Run - 28th April
Run 1583 14th July Torch Light Run
Run 1587 - August 11
Run 1575 19th May Ulu Yam - Danny McB
Run 1574 12th May Kundang Lakes - Elaine
Run 1604 8th Dec Xmas Run
Run 1598 27th Oct - Halloween
Torch Light Run - 10th September 2005
Run 1469 - 7th May
Run 1472 - 28th May
Run 1495 - 5th Nov
Run 1477 - 2nd July American Independence
Run 1500 - 10th Dec
Run 1473 - 4th June
Run 1475 - 18th June
Run 1468 - 30th April
Dutch Connection 05-Dec
Ilona's Run 21 Sep 2013
Broga June 2013
Crusty Jones Run 3-2014
2013 Halloween Circle
French Run 2014
Hugh's Run 25 May 2013
St George's Day Run 2013
Gawai Janda Baik Run 2013
Ritas Ulu Yam Run
Moses Circle 22 June 2013
Dutch Run 2013
Gawai Circle and ON ON 2013
Manuel's Farewell Run 2014
2014 AGM OnOn
Moses Run 22 June 2013
David Lake Run 3-2014
2014 AGM Run
Run 29 June 2013
Facebook hashflash92 Links
2013 Halloween JM Run
Run 1912 Halloween 2013
Xmas 1013 Frasers Hill
158 visitors today 24-Jul-2014
166 total visitors previously
Last visitor IP [126.96.36.199]
Date of last visit
[24-Jul-2014 @ 22:52]
Current visitor IP [188.8.131.52]
Run 1944 - 14 June 2014
Run 1945 - 21 June 2014
Run 1946 - 28 June 2014
Run 1947 - 05 July 2014
Run 1948 - 12 July 2014
Run 1949 - 19 July 2014
Run 1950 - 26 July 2014
Run 1951 - 02 August 2014
Run 1952 - 09 August 2014
Movable Type 2.661
Run 1950 - 26 July 2014
Run-site: Hash Heritage Site, Bukit Kiara
Hare: Martha Maier
Co-Hare: Ron Sparling
Scribe: Nori Lake
Comic: Robert Mulliss
GPS & "normal" directions:
GPS - N3 8.587; E101 38.013
Google Map Link
Normal directions from the English run.
1. Take Jalan Damansara towards Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI).
2. When you come to the toll (Sprint Highway), take the toll plaza on the left towards TTDI.
3. After paying the toll, drive towards TTDI and turn right at the 2nd traffic light into Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad. You will see Pizza Hut on your right.
4. Drive straight along this road, with shops on both sides, passing 2 sets of traffic lights. You will see VADS Building (former IBM Tower) further down the road, on your right.
5. Drive straight on to the end of the road, Trellises apartment is on your left and Kiara Green on your right.
6. Turn left into Changkat Abang Haji Openg.
7. Site is up small driveway on left (look out for HHH sign here) after approximately 200m.
Canadian directions #1 : From Bangsar (the East - sort of)
1. Access the Sprint highway (turning left onto it - toward the Science Centre) at the bottom of Jalan Maarof
NOTE: Follow signs to TTDI the whole way!
2. Stay on the Sprint, passing the Eastin Hotel on your left - go through the tool booth there.
3. Keep right; road becomes Jalan Damansara
4. Drive alongside the MRT construction until the first stop light. Pizza Hut is on your right. Turn right here onto Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad (the signs are still leading you to TTDI)
5. Drive to the end of Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad and turn left. Green metal construction sheeting is on your left as you drive up toward the Bukit Kiara Park entrance. Immediately after this sheeting ends, turn left on the dirt road and park when you reach the containers (100 m) or park your car on the road and walk in.
Canadian directions #2 : From the West:
1. Take the Sprint Highway heading east (toward the Science Centre)
2. Turn left onto Jalan Damansara and follow the above directions from there.
NOTE: follow signs leading you to TTDI
If you can't figure it out: here are the hare and co-hare contacts: Martha: 012 925 1384 / Ron (Tonto) 012 925 1538
On On at RESTAURANT NEW S.E.A SEAFOOD (we were there a few weeks back, GPS: N3 9.764, E101 39.002 ) 4 Jalan 25/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas
1- From the Pizza hut on Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad turn left onto Jalan Damansara and continue on Jalan Damansara to Lebuhraya Sprint. Follow Lebuhraya Sprint around staying left and take the exit toward Jalan 19/70a in Sri Hartamas. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Jalan 19/70a
2- Turn right onto Jalan Sri Hartamas 1.
3- Take the 1st left onto Jalan Sri Hartamas 8
4- Turn right onto Jalan Sri Hartamas 3
5- It's best to start looking for parking at this point. You can park by Bricks and Barrel and walk to restaurant, then stop at Bricks n Barrels on the way back. Molson on tap?
(About 7.6 kms from run site to on-on location)
Run 1951 - 02 August 2014
Swiss Day & Wilhelm Tell Run - can you outrun the arrow?
Run-site: Emville Golf Club Bangi
Hare: Philip "Prince of Virgins" Feer
Co-Hares: Swiss Archers and mercenaries.
Scribe: Martha Maier
Comic: Liz "Enron" Mulliss
GPS & directions:
Emiville Golf Resort Guard House: N 2 51.677 E 101 46.081
Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps?q=2.861097,101.768046&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=18
- Take N-S Highway South From KL. Exit at Bangi Toll and set tripmeter to 0km. - At 0.4km at Roundabout take 3 o'clock exit.
- At T junction 1.8km next to mosque turn left.
- At T junction 2.9km turn right.
- At 5.4km turn right signpost Bukit Ungul and Denkil.
- At 7.9km turn left and keep left at roundabout.
- Drive to end of road at 12.6km and park neatly or follow Hash signs as needed.
OnOn and Party !!: at Emville golf club. On Site, catered by the Swiss army.
- On site Food: RM 10 / person
- Beer and Wine: on sale. cheap, after the circle
- Chairs and Tables: Provided
- Entertainment, Show and Disco : Provided
Accommodation: We have the permission to set up camp and stay overnight. You can bring your tent and party till late. Breakfast not included!
Run 1952 - 09 August 2014
Run-site: Bukit Lagong
Hare: Lilian Wong
Co-Hare: Woon Then Yew
Scribe: Philip Feer
Comic: Philip Feer
GPS & directions:
GPS: N3 15.503' - E101 38.320'
1- Take the "old" trunk road to Ipoh (highway 1) going north
2- As you pass the big Batu caves roundabout, reset trip meter to 0
3- Pass Selayang market to your right
4- after 5 km exit left towards Jalan Bidara and turn left on Jalan Bidara
5- at 5.5km take 1st road right (this is closed by divider, drive a few hundred meters and make a u turn, then turn left into mentioned road to Bukit Lagong.
6- Park tightly after bridge by the river.
On On at Wong Kee Restaurant.
1- Come out of Lagong, turn left and and immediately take the U-turn on the main road (Jln Bidara). This U-turn is a very short distance after coming out of Lagong so use extreme caution.
2- Drive approximately 2km down the road, you will see a Shell Station on the right.
3- Turn right immediately before the Shell station (Jln Bidara 1) and you
will see Wong Kee Restaurant at the corner of the block of shops behind the
Shell Station. Restaurant phone is 016-265-1868 if you are lost
4- Food will be served at 8.30 pm sharp. So if you are late you will have to order your own food.
There will be 2 runs.
- Normal Run - Follow Petaling square paper all the way.
- Longer Run - Will follow Petaling square paper then split off to triangular and shredded paper. It will later rejoin the short run and follow square paper back. Do not attempt to do the longer run if you start after 4:30 pm, you will not be rescued if you fail to come out.
ON SEC CORNER
1. How to set a great run. A few tips.
a) As hare you are responsible to provide a great afternoon and evening for about 120-150 persons (yes, people do dedicate the whole 1/2 day to come to hash). Put some efforts into setting a good run and arrange for a good venue for dinner (RM 18 to RM 22 per person nowadays).
b) Run should be preferably in varied terrain, avoid killer hills and long runs in open areas (too hot). Put more paper (or staple to leaves) if you expect rain (well, this is Malaysia).
c) Front runner back in about 1h30min, everyone back home in about 2hours ( a 20-30 minute spread is excellent). Experienced hares often set a longer run and a shorter one, ensuring everyone ( runners and walkers) is pleased. None of us wants to waste driving 2+ hours to/fro a run site for a 45min trot !
d) Ask experienced hares about number of tables to book for restaurant. While PH3 usually has 6-7 tables at the On On, numbers can vary due to holidays or other non hash activities. If you have over ordered, you (the hare) will have to pay the restaurant for the guaranteed tables. If you have ordered too little, you will have a mob of hungry and grumbling hashers on your hands ! The hare must be at the restaurant until On On ends. Cost should be divided by total number of people.
2. Run judging.
Runs will be judged as a good run (that is good run and you are given an On Down and cheers), a not so good run (you be given a toilet seat), a great run set at great efforts (you be given a Tee Shirt for that), or a very poor run (for which you be asked to set a run in 10 weeks time). The run judging follows a very complex procedure involving run site, parking, length of run, run incline, run decline, direction of wind, rain and sun factor, opinion of knitting circle, walkers, back benchers, pack runners and - occasionally- front runners, (as interviewed by the Committee Member in Charge - COMIC) but most of all, it rests on the enlightened decision of the GM.
3. Next committee meeting: 12 August 2014
PHOTO ALBUM UPDATEOur Hash Flash, (John C) posts very good pictures of PH3 runs nearly every week. Best way for you to see those pics is to to click on any photo at the bottom of this page. This will bring you to PH3 photo album. You can also access the link that is regularly updated by Hash Flash on PH3 Facebook page (Petaling Hash House Harriers) and Hash Flash. Eddie (Flasher 2) sends hash photos via what's app. Get his number and get the pix !
HARELINEhareline has been updated on 08 April 2014- up to run# 2000. Check when your next run is.
RUBBISH AND EMPTY BOTTLES/CANSWe have received complaints about the enormous amount of rubbish and empties left behind at some runsites after runs. Please stop littering, even when drunk ! We want to be able to use run sites again and again and none of us is the rubbish collector for the others. So, take your rubbish with you and place it in designated containers !
DRINKS AWAYAs much as we would like to avoid policing the run site, we have noticed that some members are "packing" home drinks or taking unopened cans to their cars. This is not acceptable at PH3. Drinks are to be consumed at site by members and all drinks/cans should be opened at beer wagon. We do not need to hear your excuses/reasons, people who finish their run late also need a drink. Committee members will not hesitate to confront you and put you on the box as an abuser.
A BIG WELCOME TO ALL OUR NEW MEMBERSON ON !
On a Saturday, at the PH3 run-site, Beer O'Clock is easy to define. It is either:
- the time that the Front-Runner-On-Paper arrives back from the run (if there's a short and a normal, it's the normal run that counts)
The same rule applies to soft drinks (including for grubby little horrors!), but the big water-cooler is usually available to prevent anyone from dying of thirst.
This is because we're a Hash club, and the idea of the Hash is that you do the run and then reward yourself with a few drinks.
Non-runners (members or guests) are welcome to drink, but only after the run has been completed by at least one person (or until we conclude that they're probably lost).
So, even though the cans and bottles are put in iced water around 4.30pm to cool, and look very tempting, they may not be taken until the time specified above. Otherwise we'd all just sit around drinking, and forget the run!
We don't want to have to put armed guards by the beer truck, so please do the right thing.
There are only a few habitual offenders, and we apologize for making the rest of you read this, but we want to make sure the rule is clear.
OnSec, on behalf of the PH3 Committee
PH3 loves guests and visitors.We welcome any Hasher and non Hasher to join us for a run and after run gathering on saturdays. The current fee is RM 35.00 a head for the run and the circle refreshments (beer and softies). Any food at the restaurant is additional but will usually will cost you less than RM 20.00.
PH3 is a great way to experience tropical forest and jungle hash runs in places where most tourists dont go with a great bunch of people - locals and expats. Its 50-50 about sport and social !
How to get there?- Print or copy directions to run site from this PH3 page.
- Get yourself there anyway you can or get a lift. If you ask for a lift, be sure you will be on time at the designated pick up location. Hashers wont wait, the run starts on time, rain or shine. They want to get there ! Do exchange mobile phone numbers with the person who will pick you up.
- Dont expect people to do detours for you. You can easily get to and from most pickup points in KL, Bangsar or Petaling Jaya by taxi or LRT (metro rail).
RunningYou will need decent running shoes and running gear. Trail running shoes with good grip are best as it can be slippery during downpours, but normal sneakers should do OK. Expect at least 1.5 hour run or 2 hour + walk in tropical forest/jungle conditions. Some hills.
After the runHave a change of clothes, towel, (water if you wish to shower/wash off), money to pay for the run fees and food later on. Expect to be given one or two free down downs for visiting us.
ON ON and see you on the run !
Update your contactsWe need to be able to get in touch with you (for communications) and to your next of kin (in case you get lost or injured). This info stays in the club and is only accessible by key committee members. If there are any changes in your email, phone number, next of kin contact, etc. Pls notify OnSec immediately: firstname.lastname@example.org
EmailsPlease do check your spam folder as PH3 mail might be stuck in there. Let OnSec know if you change email.
Members ResponsibilityThe main responsibility you have as a member it to set a run when your turn comes (about once in 4 years). This is expected of ALL members and much notice is given on the receding hareline page. Please ensure you plan far enough ahead and/or as a last resort YOU should find another Hare to replace you. If you quit close to the time of your run and wish to rejoin later on, you will still be requested to set a run at the time you rejoin.
1. Beer : RM 185 per quarter (from Q3 2014)
2. Softie : RM 85 per quarter (from Q3 2014)
3. Associates: RM 50 per quarter
4. Joining fee: RM 50 per applicant
5. Guest fee adult: RM 35 per run (drink beer or not)
6. Guest fee youngsters: RM 10 per run
Hash PaperPlease return unused hash trail paper to Trailmaster, Dave Wilson. Do not throw away.
Run DirectionsPlease send your run location and directions to On-Sec and Trailmaster as early as possible before the run date (at least 4 weeks ahead). OnSec needs to post directions on this website for everyone's convenience.
Comments/Ideas/BrickbatsPH3 is a membership club. Make your views heard. Talk to your favorite committee member or send a note to OnSec. We cannot be all things for all people and have limited funds, but committee members are members too and we try to make sense. If you don't comment, you agree ; if you don't participate, you consent.
CHECK THIS OUT !
If you like hash, great beers and a trip to Europe this summer, you can check this one out to see how you can hash from brewery to brewery !
25-27 July, 2014
the GREAT Beer Odyssey
Euro 250 (still some left)
link at: www.interhash2014.com
Some Outstation Runs
July 11-13, 2014
Malaysia Nash Hash
Sibu - cost RM350
25-27 July, 2014
Brussels InterHash 2014
a Beer Odyssey
link at: www.interhash2014.com
We need more "organizers" for planning PH3's 2000th run and bash (scheduled for June 2015). Contact organizing Chairman Robert Mulliss is you are keen on helping.
HASH ON TOUR
S.H.O.T. Run # 20 Medan, Indonesia
- Dec 5-7, 2014
- Post- Tour: Dec 5-11, Sumatra (Toba, etc.)
Book tickets now if you want cheap airfare !