Guest Fee @ RM40 ea
+6012 375 8089
+6013 469 5438
+6016 206 6915
Lim Chun Leong
Lye Shyong Ling
by: Petaling Hash House Harriers
9 visitors today 22-Feb-2017
120 total visitors previously
Last visitor IP [188.8.131.52]
Date of last visit
[22-Feb-2017 @ 01:34]
Current visitor IP [184.108.40.206]
Run 2078 - 07 January 2017
Run 2079 - 14 January 2017
Run 2080 - 21 January 2017
Run 2081 - 28 January 2017
Run 2082 - 04 February 2017
Run 2083 - 11 February 2017
Run 2084 - 18 February 2017
Run 2085 - 25 February 2017
Run 2086 - 4 March 2017
Movable Type 2.661
Run 2085 - 25 February 2017
Venue: Bukit Kapar
Hare: Daniel Walchli
Co-Hares: Virginia & Clan Campbell
Scribe: Nori Lake
GPS Coords: E101.44268, N3.17610
Waze: Jalan Tangki Air (Kampung Bukit Kapar)
- Find your way to Persiaran Mokhtar Dahari - the route B49 to Puncak Alam
(From South: Lebuhraya Koridor Guthrie - route E35 - exit 3506A)
(From North: Jalan Sungai Buloh - route 15 turn left at traffic light & cross over Lebuhraya Koridor Guthrie)
- After approx. 8.0km along Persiaran Mokhtar Dahari - the route B49 to Puncak Alam
- after passing DB-Schenker on the left, turn LEFT at the traffic lights onto Jalan Paip [Kampung Budiman]
- After 210m, turn RIGHT at the traffic lights onto Jalan Bukit Cerakah
- 5.4km: turn LEFT onto B1 - Jalan Meru Tambahan
- Contimue South towards Meru / Setia Alam / Klang
- 1.5km: Turn LEFT onto Jalan Tanki Air (this is just after the concrete road dividers where you will see water pipes and a TNB Switch Station on your left).
- ~ 350m: pass the nursery on your right - the road veers slightly left, up-hill
- ~ 250m: turn RIGHT into the Oil Palm Estate (HASH Sign here)
- The track here is a little rough, but OK for saloon cars
- After a further 350m you will reach the Run Site
Please park sensibly in the open area to the left - 4WD's may park within the Oil Palms providing that thay do not obstruct access for the beer wagon.
ON-ON: Village Fish & Rice Restaurant
8, Jalan Setia Prima L U13/L
Setia Alam, Seksyen U13
40170 Shah Alam, Selangor D.E.
Tel. +603 3341 1389
Waze: Village Fish & Rice Restaurant (Shah Alam)
- Go back to the main road (Jalan Bukit Cerakah / B1 - Jalan Meru Tambahan)
- Turn LEFT, heading South towards Meru / Setia Alam / Klang
- Drive through busy Meru
- Pass Klang Central, with Giant on the right, andTesco on the left
- After a further 8.7km exit LEFT towards Setia Alam / Jalan Setia Prima
- 53m: continue on Jalan Setia Prima I U13/I
- 80m: turn LEFT onto Jalan Setia Prima A U13/A
- 36m: turn RIGHT onto Jalan Setia Prima K U13/K
- 80m: turn LEFT onto Jalan Setia Prima L U13/L
- 50m: ONON Restaurant on the LEFT
Stretch your patience while finding suitable parking space nearby.
(or use your imagination!)
Run 2086 - 4 March 2017
PH3 40th ANNIVERSARY RUN
Members Fee - RM50 (RM20 kids)
Guests Fee - RM150 (RM35 kids)
- choice of 3 runs
~ short 5km on pink paper
~ normal 8km on yellow paper
~ long 12km on white paper
- snacks, cocktails and beer at runsite
- food, more beer and entertainment at On-On
- wine available for sale
Registration starts at 3pm
Hare: Ronny Nauer
Co-Hares: Ronny's helpers
Scribe: Daniel Walchli
GPS: N3 8'59.26" E101 30'15.40"
Take the NKVE towards Klang
Take Exit 103 off the NKVE to E35/Lebuhraya Guthrie/Shah Alam
0.4km after the toll plaza, go under the flyover and veer left, heading to
Bkt Jelutong/K Selangor/Ipoh on the Guthrie Corridor Expressway
3.9km Pass through the toll booth on the Guthrie Corridor
8.1km Take Exit 3505 to Bukit Subang/Kota Damansara/Denai Alam.
At the top of the ramp turn left
9.1km At first roundabout take 9 o'clock (first) exit onto Persiaran Neutron
Continue straight through the 3 roundabouts and park at the end of the road
On-On: Choong Fong restaurant - 8, Lorong 1d, Kampung Melayu Subang
GPS: 3.147282 101.531077
Better still - waze it!!!!!!
Exit from Denai Alam, and go over Guthrie corridor.
At T junction with traffic lights, turn right.
Go 2 km and turn left at Monterez golf course traffic lights.
Follow road for 1km and at T junction turn left.
Turn left into Choong Foong car park after about 400m.
A FEW TIPS ON HOW TO SET A GREAT RUN
a) The objective of the hash is to provide all members and guests with approximately 75-90 minutes of interesting running over varied terrain, with the entire pack finishing within 30 minutes of each other. No one should become lost if they follow the trail
b) Select a site which has ample parking and give clear, understandable directions. Avoid parking on main roads and obtain land-owners permission where necessary. Do not choose a site within 500m of a kampong - respect local sensitivities to dogs; alcohol consumption; and showering in public.
c) Always use a 'Co-Hare', both for security and in order that the co-hare can take over if you are otherwise indisposed on the day. If you are unfamiliar with setting runs, choose an experienced co-hare. If you don't know any, ask the trail-master. There are plenty of willing members who will be only too happy to help.
d) The run should be approximately 8-10km, but can be shorter in difficult terrain. If you need to 'stretch' the front-runners, then do so by setting clever checks; by using false trails; and perhaps by inserting a penultimate / final circular check; but never by attempting to set a marathon. The hash is strictly non-competitive and should focus equally on both exercise and socialising. Choose the restaurant and the menu for the on-on carefully!
We'll provide a more complete guide when your turn comes round to set a run.
Next committee meeting: TBC
hareline has been updated up to run# 2051. Check when your next run is.
Our Hash Flash, (John C) posts very good pictures of PH3 runs. Click on any photo at the bottom of this page. This will bring you to PH3 photo album. We also have a PH3 Facebook page (Petaling Hash House Harriers) and Hash Flash.
RUBBISH AND EMPTY BOTTLES/CANS
Please clean up and take your rubbish with you and/or place it in designated containers!
Drinks are for consumption only at the run site. Please do not take unopened cans or bottles to your cars. Committee members will not hesitate to confront you and put you on the box as an abuser.
On a Saturday, at the PH3 run-site, Beer O'Clock is easy to define. It is either:
2) The time Front-Runner-On-Paper arrives back from the run (if there's a short and a normal, it's the normal run that counts)
The same rule applies to soft drinks (including for grubby little horrors!), but the big water-cooler is usually available to prevent anyone from dying of thirst.
Rules 1 & 2 apply to non-runners and guests too.
There are only a few habitual offenders, and we apologize for making the rest of you read this, but we want to make sure the rule is clear.
PH3 loves guests and visitors.
We welcome any Hasher and non Hasher to join us for a run and after run gathering on Saturdays. The current fee is RM 40.00 a head for the run and the circle refreshments (beer and softies). Any food at the restaurant is additional, but will usually cost you less than RM25.00.
How to get there?
- Print or copy directions to the run site from this PH3 page.
- If you need a lift, do request it at least 72 hours before the run and be sure you are on time at the designated pick-up location. Do exchange mobile phone numbers with the person you are riding with. Be on time.
You will need decent trail running shoes and running gear. Expect at least a 1.5 hour run or 2 hour+ walk in tropical forest/jungle conditions.
After the run
Bring change of clothes, towel, (water if you wish to shower/wash off), money to pay for the run fees and food later on. Expect to be given one or two down downs for visiting us.
ON ON and see you at the run!
Update your contact details
If there are any changes in your email, phone number, next of kin contact, etc., pls notify OnSec immediately @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The main responsibility you have as a member it to set a run when your turn comes (about once in 4 years). Check the receding hareline page. If you can't set the run, the onus is on you to find a replacement hare. If you quit close to the time of your run and wish to rejoin later on, you will still be requested to set a run at the time you rejoin.
1. Men : RM200 per quarter
2. Ladies (non-beer): RM100 per quarter
3. Associates: RM50 per quarter
4. Joining fee: RM50 per applicant
5. Guest fee adult: RM40 per run (drink beer or not)
6. Guest fee youngsters: RM10 per run
Please return all unused hash trail paper to the Trailmaster, Neil Campbell.
Please send your run location and directions to On-Sec and Trailmaster as early as possible before the run date (at least 4 weeks ahead).
Interhash 2018 is in Fiji
25 - 27 May 2018
For more details and registration:
GUA MUSANG HHH 20th Anniversary Run
Sunday 30th April 2017
Limited to 700 hashers. RM120pp. Registration closes 31 Dec 2016.
Please email email@example.com for details and registration forms
PAN ASIA HASH
Oct 27-29 2017 in Sokcho City, Gangwan, Korea
All details at: http://www.panasiahashkorea2017.com/