Venue: Ulu Yam Waterfall (Back of Sekolah Menengah Sains Ulu Selangor)
Hare: Michael Chow
Co-Hares: Fabiana Chow and Roberto Guerra
Scribe: Nurul Nawi
Comic: Charlotte Parks
30th January is Thaipusam - be prepared for delays towards/around Batu Caves
Take the Batu Dam road (Jalan Sungai Tua, B57) from Batu Caves heading towards Ulu Yam.
View Larger Map
Proceed along this road, passing the dam/reservoir on your left, followed by the
Riverstone Eco Resort on the left, the Woods Resort on the right, the industrial park on the left until you reach the Ulu Selangor Science School (Sekolah Menengah Sains Ulu Selangor) on the left.
Turn left immediately after the school and follow hash directions.
Park neatly by or around the waterfall but do not trespass onto the orchard.
If you reach the Ulu Yam bridge, passing the Kim Soon Huat Seafood
restaurant (next to the temple) on the right and where the On On is to be
held, then you have gone about 1.5 KM too far.
If you're worried about the traffic around Batu Caves, you could take a longer alternative route:
- up the N-S Highway to Rawang, and turn right after going through the Rawang toll
- by-pass Rawang town and go up the old Ipoh Road (North)
- turn right after the police station at Batang Kali
- keep straight through 2 or 3 lights and all the way to Ulu Yam Baru
- turn left at the t-junction in the centre of town
- turn right (over a bridge, towards Batu Caves & KL) as soon as you leave town
- pass Kim Soon Huat Seafood on your left and continue about another km
- turn right to the run-site (if you pass the school, you've gone too far)
On On as mentioned is at the aforementioned Kim Soon Huat Seafood restaurant. Come out from the run site, and turn left at the main road towards Ulu Yam. The restaurant is about 1km on the right, a few hundred metres before the bridge and Ulu Yam town.