Run 1799 - 03 September 2011
Run-site: Bundoora Estate, Ulu Yam
Hare: Saengchan 'Pom' Thongyuen
Co-Hares: Mike 'Snakebite' Sanders
Scribe: Jim 'Get Lost' O'hara
Comic: Nick 'Weathercock' Morss
This is the post Hari Raya weekend. Allow for sufficient travel time to this excellent runsite with nearby hot springs
GPS N3 25.571 E101 40.811
Batu Dam route (if you want to use NS highway, find your own way)!
Get onto the Jalan Kuching / MRR2 Roundabout and take exit towards Kuantan/Batu Caves. Set Trip meter to 0km as you exit roundabout
* 0.2km slip off left alongside new shop houses.
* 0.4km keep right (1 o'clock)
* 0.6km left
* 0.8km right at traffic lights (mosque on right)
* 4.9km right towards Ulu Yam
* 27.4km after bridge over river turn left at T junction (you are now entering Ulu Yam)
* 28.3km turn right in centre of village (sign post Genting). Zero Trip meter.
* at 500m pass police station on left, immediately look for right turn, Blue Sign Bundoora Sdn Bhd & Amber stone Resort, TURN RIGHT here.
* Drive 2 approx 2km slowly through Kampong, (many children, dogs, chickens etc playing). Look for Bundoora Sdn Bhd Sign.
* Turn Left to Bundoora Sdn Bhd. Cross bridge, enter Bundoora Ranch, Keep right, follow signs to parking.
Hare will tell you exactly. Most likely Chinese restaurant on the left after the bridge on the way back to KL.
The hareline has been updated 01 Sep'11. See if this affects your run date.
Posted by onsec at September 3, 2011 12:00 AM