Run 1809 - 12 November 2011
Run-site: Sendat Waterfall
Hare: Ow Mei Mei
Co-Hares: Rob Stott
the clear waters of Sendat
Directions for those in the know:
GPS: N3 24.307 E101 40.986 - Drive to Ulu Yam Bahru, Turn right at the bridge, follow hash sign to waterfall area. Park neatly at usual runsite by the river but leave enough clearance on the pass for vehicles to pass.
Directions for those who dont know or who are never sure:
The scenic way.
- If coming from KL, take Jalan Kuching, which turns into Jalan Ipoh, heading North towards Batu Caves.
- At the Batu Caves junction (with the MRR2), take the exit up to the roundabout above Jalan Ipoh, and take the 3 o'clock exit towards Kuantan.
- About 1km later, as you approach Batu Caves, take the slip road left sign-posted Ulu Yam.
- (you can also get here via the MRR2 from any direction)
- Keep following signs for Ulu Yam, to follow the curved elevated road over the railroad tracks by the new Batu Caves station, and about 1km later, turn right at traffic light (a mosque will be on the right). Continue to follow signs for Ulu Yam.
- 4km later, turn right (again sign-posted Ulu Yam) and follow the scenic winding road past the reservoir and into the hills (don't skid off the road!)
- As you are about to enter Ulu Yam Bahru, you cross a bridge and reach a T-junction.
- Turn right here, go past Thou Yen Restaurant, and then bear right again, going onto a Chinese kampong road. Follow signs to run site and park as above
-You may take the crawl via the NKVE and North-South highway, exit for Rawang, and then go North on old Highway 1 (Old Ipoh Road) through Sungai Choh and Serendah.
- A few KM north of the Serendah Golf course, turn right, sign posted Ulu Yam Lama.
- Bypass Ulu Yam Lam and then into follow the road into Ulu Yam Baru.
- On the far side of Ulu Yam Baru - direction KL- keep going straight past the turn-off for Batu Caves (which crosses the bridge mentioned in the earlier directions).
- You will pass the Thou Yen Restaurant on the left hand side and then continue on as above.
The back door:
-You can also take the Karak Highway, go over Genting Highlands, do a wee bit of poker before lunch, then have your lunch with Daniel at Lucky Like, pass Ulu Yam Bahru et get to the runsite by 4:30pm
if you cannot follow any of these directions, follow someone who can! Good Luck and may the Mosquito be with you!
Ask the hare !
Posted by onsec at November 12, 2011 12:04 AM