Run site: Melawati/Kemansah
Hare: Yoong Nim Chee (volunteer replacement hare)
Co hares: Dave "heartbreaker" Wilson
Scribe: Barry Sage or other Shakespeare disciple
Comic: Maria Galindon
a) Find your way to middle ring road (MRR2) and head towards Taman Melawati
then Zoo Negara
b) If coming from southeast, Ampang area, follow Duke Highway indications
c) If coming from northwest, Kepong, Batu Caves , jln Kuching, head towards Taman Melawati and then Zoo Negara.
d) If taking the Duke Highway (advisable for most coming from Bangsar) - go all the way towards Ampang. Take Exit 3308 A to the left towards Ulu Kelang, Taman Melawati, Kuantan. Set trip meter to zero as you enter MRR2.
e) At 3.7km bear left on ramp to Taman Permata and make U-turn below ramp. Drive for about 300m and Zoo Negara is on left.
f) At Zoo Negara set trip meter to zero. Drive on Jln Taman Zooview (take it easy, can be a bit slow with zoo visitors trying to find parking) and after 900m turn left onto Jalan 1 and go over bridge. After 180m turn left into Jalan 3. Drive for 90m turn right into Jalan 5. Drive for 400m and Jln 5 will merge into Jalan L5. Drive 450m along Jalan L5 and turn right into unnamed road. Drive for another 500m on new road and park on edge of road leaving enough room for trucks.
Alternative (for those who can't read the above and those who don't want to go through the Zoo parking crawl )
- Head towards Taman Melawati (close to Zoo Negara)
- Zero trip meter at traffic lights at Taman Melawati junction underpass
- Take the turn into Taman Melawati, that is going left if coming from the direction of Bt Caves, and going right if coming from Ampang
- 0.1 km, this is the first traffic light (Note: going left from this traffic lights is going to the ON ON restaurant).
- Pass through this traffic light and notice BHP on your left and schools on your right.
- 0.8km turn right at traffic light
- 1.0km turn right at T junction
- 1.5km turn left at T junction
- 1.7km turn right and follow Jalan J8
- 2.4km turn left (note small mosque on your right)
- 2.9km turn right to Jalan Tiara Kemensah 3, Follow this road until see Hash cars. Park on edge of road leaving enough room for trucks.
On On is at Tiam Fatt Restaurant, Jalan Bandar 1, Tmn Melawati
- head back to Melawati township,
- at the traffic light near the BHP station, turn right and immediately turn left
- follow road Jalan Bandar and make a right on Jalan Bandar 1 or Jalan Bandar 2 to park.
- find parking and head to restaurant in the back alley (left of Post Office in Jalan Bandar 2)