Run-site: Ladang Jasmin "Air Panas", Bundoora Estate Ulu Yam Baru
a familiar area with nice hot springs to enjoy
Hares: Dhila Azman
Co-Hares: Washilinakong Alvin, Norman Ng
Scribe: Dave Wilson
Comic: Roger Gregson
Directions provided by the hare:
GPS- N3 25.568 E101 40.828
For the smarties and old timers who know their way to Ulu Yam and Bundoora Ranch, just get on with it.
For the rest of you newbies consider the following options.
OPTION 1: via Highway and Rawang
1- Take the NKVE north to Rawang and exit at junction 116.
2- TURN RIGHT and zero trip meter at traffic lights just after Rawang toll.
3- Go through Rawang & Serendah on the old road to Batang Kali/Ipoh. On the way you should pass the following land marks
* 3.8km roundabout on the Rawang bypass,
* 5.2km Petronas Service Station on your right.
* 7.3km Petronas Service Station on your left,
* 10.0km BP Service Station on your left.
* 10.4km Shell Service Station on your right,
* 12.1km Petronas Service Station on your right
* 13.6km Big Golf ball on your right (Serendah golf course),
* 23.0km Petronas Service Station on your left just after the bridge (Batang Kali)
* 23.4km TURN RIGHT at traffic lights route B66 towards "Ulu Yam Baru/Genting Highlands". Reset trip meter to zero at traffic lights!
5- Then: At 1.5km Petronas Service Station on your left, at 1.9km digital traffic lights. Go Straight.
6- Drive another 1.8 km past Yat Lott Fatt Fatt Restaurant.
7- Pass the turn to Genting Highlands. Drive another 2 km and look for Left 8- Turn to Amberstone Resort and Bundoora Sdn Bhd.
9- (If you pass Ulu Yam Baharu Police Station you have gone too far bu 0.5km).
Drive approx 1.6 km slowly through Kampong, (many children, dogs, frogs, wogs, hogs, logs, chickens etc playing). Look for Bundoora Sdn Bhd Sign.
10- Turn Left to Bundoora Sdn Bhd. Cross bridge, enter Bundoora Ranch, Keep Right, follow signs to parking after the Ranch in the Oil Palm.
OPTION 2 - The Batu Dam route
1- Get onto the Jalan Kuching / MRR2 Roundabout and take exit towards Kuantan/Batu Caves. Set Trip meter to 0km as you exit roundabout
* 0.2km slip off left alongside new shop houses.
* 0.4km keep right (1 o'clock)
* 0.6km left
* 0.8km right at traffic lights (mosque on right)
* 4.9km right towards Ulu Yam
* 27.4km after bridge over river turn left at T junction (you are now entering Ulu Yam)
* 28.3km turn right in centre of village (sign post Genting). Zero Trip meter.
2- at 0.3 km pass police station on left, immediately look for right turn at 0.5km, Blue Sign Bundoora Sdn Bhd & Amber stone Resort, TURN RIGHT here.
3- Drive slowly through Kampong, (many children, dogs, chickens etc playing). at about 2km look for Bundoora Sdn Bhd Sign .
4- at 2.1 km turn Left to Bundoora Sdn Bhd. Cross bridge, enter Bundoora Ranch,
5- Keep Right, follow signs to parking after the bungalow (ranch) in the Oil Palm.
ON ON - New Lucky Light in Batang Kali- Directions will be provided by hare at the runsite circle.Posted by onsec at July 20, 2013 12:00 AM