Run-site: Somewhere near Ulu Yam
Pack-it-in's jungle walk
Hare: Emilia "pack-it-in" Charles
Co-Hares: Gary Waring, Dennis Chin, Father Abraham (+ recce with Rob Stott)
Scribe: Lee Seong Jin
GPS: N3 27.862 E101 37.738
VIA NKVE HIGHWAY AND RAWANG
1. Take NKVE direction Ipoh
2. Exit Rawang toll, turn right towards Rawang town
3. Take bypass towards Serendah, Batang Kali
4. Follow road towards Batang Kali.
5. Continue past milestone 160, and at approx 600 meters turn left signposted Persatuan Pertubuhan Pengajian Ajaran Confucian Cheng De (Yellow signboard). There will be a Hash sign there. This small turn-off is directly opposite the Ulu Yam turn-off.
6. Follow hash signs on dirt road approx. 1.2 km to runsite.
ALTERNATIVE DIRECTIONS (longer, costlier but faster and no Rawang crawl)
a) Drive on NS highway towards Ipoh, do not exit at Rawang
b) Drive to Bukit Beruntung exit, and exit at toll there.
c) At first traffic light after toll, turn right.
d) follow the road (bear left to avoid going to Sungai Buaya) till you get to the Sungai Choh T-junction
e) Turn left and resume to #5 above
Posted by onsec at August 10, 2013 12:26 AM
at Hock Lay in Ulu Yam: the coconut prawn restaurant
1- Drive back to main raod and set trip meter to 0
2 -turn right and immediately turn left (1’oclock)
3 keep going straight signposted to Ulu Yam Baru
4-at 3.0km keep going straight
5- at 3.4km road-hump, school on right, go straight
6- at 4.3km Restaurant Hock Lay on you right.
7- Park where you can but DO NOT BLOCK neighbours or they will come and get you in the restaurant or bash you car.