Outstation run at Fraser's Hill . Run Starts at 4.00pm
Runsite : Sri Berkat - GPS: N3 42.453', E101 44.267'
Hare : Marc "Mussels" Mullie
Cohares: Opera, Kojak, Heartbreaker
Believe it or not the post office at Fraser's Hill was opened in 1919 and this will be PH3's 1919'th run! The hare is Marc "Mussels", our Belgium beer specialist ! He has planned a run and exciting pre X'mas weekend in COOL Fraser's Hill.
Leave early, there may be slow traffic up the hill from KKB !
1. Take whichever way you want to Kuala Kubu Bahru (KKB). Options are via Lembah Beringin or via Batang Kali.
2. if you come from the north, you will turn left from highway 1 to highway 55 towards KKB town.
3. If you come from south, you will turn right from highway 1 following directions to KKB and Fraser's hill, then join highway 55.
4. Drive towards Fraser's hill - as you cross the Selangor river, close to the dam, you can expect another 26 km of lovely winding roads till the gap turn off. Enjoy the views ! You are on holiday !! relax !
5. At the Gap, turn left towards Fraser's hill on road 56, reset trip meter. (no need to wait at Gap any more, this is a one way loop).
6. at 7.4km, as you are about to enter Fraser's hill turn right (jln Mager) at Hash sign and follow posted directions to Sri Berkat.
7. Drive another 800m, bearing right at intersection to Sri Berkat. This is the run site and our venue for the weekend
8. If you stay at Shahzan Inn, at # 6, keep driving till you are at the clock tower and turn right, Shahzan Inn (venue for dinner) is 200m on the right.
9. If you stay at other hotels or apartments, get your bearings before going there. Fraser's is a one way loop, but you don't want to fumble at night.
On On: at Shahzan Inn
Other runs, etc.: for those staying over, there will be a "Pines Trail" walk/run starting at 8am on Sunday 22nd and late afternoon "makan/dinner" at Hock Lay in Ulu Yam Bahru (also on Sunday) for those who want to join.
More details have been sent earlier via email, but as far as we know (on 14 Dec) most accommodation in Fraser Hill is now taken up. You may try to bunk in with friends or ask for extra mattresses ( most hotels and apartments have them). You may also try your luck calling hotels as they always do have cancellations. You can also stay at KKB.
Sri Berkat will be our HQ and has been booked by PH3 the whole week end. RUN WILL START AT 4:00PM. Dinner will be a BBQ dinner at Shahzan Inn (RM 50 each, Kids RM 25).