Run-site: Ulu Yam/Batang Kali "Football Field"
an east Malaysian folly
Hare: Rita Scourse
Co hares: Robert "Bapak Ayam" Scourse
Scribe: Louise Edmondson
Comic: Ron Sparling
Directions:GPS Road entry: N3 26.521 E101 40.040 (site: N3 26.568 E101 40.372)
Drive to Ulu Yam Bahru any way you prefer and follow from #14 below or follow the alternative directions below.
1. Leave KL on Duke Highway and Exit at Junction 3310 left towards Batu Caves, Keep left and go up ramp.
2. Set Tripmeter (0km) at traffic lights at Top of Ramp and turn right
3. 0.3km Straight at Lights
4. 1.5km Straight at Lights
5. 1.9km Straight at Lights
6. 2.7km right after flats on right
7. 2.8km right over bridge
8. 2.9km right at T-junction
9. 3.0km left at T- junction
10. 3rd right at 3.2km (school now straight in front of you)
11. 3.3km T- junction left
12. 4.4km right (now on Batu Dam Road)
13. 26.2km after bridge, at T junction left into Ulu Yam Bharu
14. 27.1km right in centre of Ulu Yam (sign posted Genting)
15. 28.8km right into Palm Oil estate. Keep straight to find parking
On On: Restoran UYB Sungai Indah
The restaurant is after Ulu Yam village - pass though Ulu Yam and turn right at bridge heading back towards KL. Restaurant is located LHS about 200m after the bridge (opposite the fruit stalls).