a JM's musings in Kundang
Run-site: Kampung Sri Kundang
Hare: Robert Mulliss (volunteer hare)
Co-Hares: anyone who can get there early enough
Scribe: Yew Lai Mei
Comic: Ron Sparling
GPS & directions: N03 15.123; E101 30.566
1. Get yourself on the NKVE in the direction of Ipoh, take exit 113 towards Sg. Buloh. Pay 1,90 RM at toll and set trip meter to zero.
2. At 0,1 KM take the slip road on your left towards Sg.Buloh/Kuala Selangor. Drive straight under three concrete flyovers.
3. At 2.8 KM keep to the right, GO UP THE RAMP and continue towards Rahman Putra Golf Resort, you have a view of oxidation ponds on the left.
4. at 4.0 KM drive past Rahman Putra Golf Resort main entrance on your left.
5. At 5.6 KM turn LEFT at T-junction and follow this winding road past a school.
6. at 7.9 Km go straight through traffic lights in the direction of Kundang
7. At 9.2 KM pass under flyover and continue straight. Admire Kundang lake on your left side.
8. at 10.0 KM bear LEFT onto Jalan C9 in the village centre of Kundang. The Sra An Nur mosque is on your right hand side (this is an S curve, so bear left / keep left- don't follow the main road to the right).
9. Continue straight through the kampong, over 8 traffic bumps, toards the oil palm until you reach the parking site At 12.2 KM.
10- Park tightly and responsibly. Parking is small; park your car without blocking the access/egress to the parking area.
On On (updated): Heng Hin Seafood Restaurant.
No. 44A & 46A, Jalan BRP 6/11, Bukit Rahman Putra,
From runsite, go back over speed bumps to main road and turn right at junction. Go straight, past lake on right and under highway. At traffic lights go straight across, along bending road, pass purple school on right until next traffic lights. (This is the same way you came in.)
Turn right and then after 100m turn left into Bukit Rahman Putra 6/11. Restaurant is the one with green Carlsberg sign about 100m down to your left. If you see MacDonald's and PETRONAS on your right you've gone too far!