Run-site: Hash Heritage Site, Bukit Kiara
Hare: Martha Maier
Co-Hare: Ron Sparling
Scribe: Nori Lake
Comic: Robert Mulliss
GPS & "normal" directions:
GPS - N3 8.587; E101 38.013
Google Map Link
Normal directions from the English run.
1. Take Jalan Damansara towards Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI).
2. When you come to the toll (Sprint Highway), take the toll plaza on the left towards TTDI.
3. After paying the toll, drive towards TTDI and turn right at the 2nd traffic light into Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad. You will see Pizza Hut on your right.
4. Drive straight along this road, with shops on both sides, passing 2 sets of traffic lights. You will see VADS Building (former IBM Tower) further down the road, on your right.
5. Drive straight on to the end of the road, Trellises apartment is on your left and Kiara Green on your right.
6. Turn left into Changkat Abang Haji Openg.
7. Site is up small driveway on left (look out for HHH sign here) after approximately 200m.
Canadian directions #1 : From Bangsar (the East - sort of)
1. Access the Sprint highway (turning left onto it - toward the Science Centre) at the bottom of Jalan Maarof
NOTE: Follow signs to TTDI the whole way!
2. Stay on the Sprint, passing the Eastin Hotel on your left - go through the tool booth there.
3. Keep right; road becomes Jalan Damansara
4. Drive alongside the MRT construction until the first stop light. Pizza Hut is on your right. Turn right here onto Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad (the signs are still leading you to TTDI)
5. Drive to the end of Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad and turn left. Green metal construction sheeting is on your left as you drive up toward the Bukit Kiara Park entrance. Immediately after this sheeting ends, turn left on the dirt road and park when you reach the containers (100 m) or park your car on the road and walk in.
Canadian directions #2 : From the West:
1. Take the Sprint Highway heading east (toward the Science Centre)
2. Turn left onto Jalan Damansara and follow the above directions from there.
NOTE: follow signs leading you to TTDI
If you can't figure it out: here are the hare and co-hare contacts: Martha: 012 925 1384 / Ron (Tonto) 012 925 1538
On On at RESTAURANT NEW S.E.A SEAFOOD (we were there a few weeks back, GPS: N3 9.764, E101 39.002 ) 4 Jalan 25/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas
1- From the Pizza hut on Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad turn left onto Jalan Damansara and continue on Jalan Damansara to Lebuhraya Sprint. Follow Lebuhraya Sprint around staying left and take the exit toward Jalan 19/70a in Sri Hartamas. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Jalan 19/70a
2- Turn right onto Jalan Sri Hartamas 1.
3- Take the 1st left onto Jalan Sri Hartamas 8
4- Turn right onto Jalan Sri Hartamas 3
5- It's best to start looking for parking at this point. You can park by Bricks and Barrel and walk to restaurant, then stop at Bricks n Barrels on the way back. Molson on tap?
(About 7.6 kms from run site to on-on location)
LAST MINUTE UPDATE
We have just been told being told by non Canadians that the directions posted on the website for the on on are misleading. Below are 2 sets or directions with Toll or without, that should get you there if you do not have a GPS or do not use Waze
RESTAURANT NEW S.E.A SEAFOOD (we were there a few weeks back, GPS: N3 9.764, E101 39.002 ) 4 Jalan 25/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas
With toll and find your parking
Get on Jalan Abang Haji Openg and drive north (turn left coming of the Hash heritage site).
1. Turn right onto Jalan Datuk Sulaiman
2. Turn right onto Exit 2317 Ttdi Utara
3. Continue on Penchala Link (Nkve) ramp
4. Exit left onto ramp onto Kerinchi Link (Damansara)
5. Exit left onto ramp onto Exit 2303 Sri Hartamas
6. Turn right onto Jalan 19/70a
7. Turn right onto Jalan 27/70a and right on 25/70a
Toll free and easier to park
Get on Jalan Abang Haji Openg and drive south (turn right coming of the Hash heritage site).
a- at 900 m Turn left onto Jalan Damansara
b- 3.2 km Exit left onto ramp onto To Mont Kiara/Hartamas
c- 6.9km Get on Kerinchi Link (Mont Kiara) and drive northeast
d- 7.4 km Exit left onto ramp onto Exit 2303 Sri Hartamas
e- 8km Turn left onto Jalan 19/70a
f- 8.4km Turn right onto Jalan Sri Hartamas 22
g- 8.8km Get on Jalan Sri Hartamas 22 and park before Bricks and Barrel
h- Walk to Jalan 25/70a (on the right)