Run-site: Sendat Waterfall
Co-Hares: Rob Stott & Sundry
Scribe: Becky Khoo
Comic: Ron "Tonto" Sparling
GPS & directions:
GPS: N3 24.307 E101 40.986
Directions for those in the know:
Drive to Ulu Yam Bahru, Turn right at the bridge, follow hash sign to waterfall area. It's a few km all the way in to the run site. Park neatly at usual run site by the river but leave enough clearance for other vehicles to pass.
Directions for those who don't know or who are never sure:
- If coming from KL, take Jalan Kuching, which turns into Jalan Ipoh, heading North towards Batu Caves.
- At the Batu Caves junction (with the MRR2), take the exit up to the roundabout above Jalan Ipoh, and take the 3 o'clock exit towards Kuantan.
- About 1km later, as you approach Batu Caves, take the slip road left sign-posted Ulu Yam.
- (you can also get here via the MRR2 from any direction)
- Keep following signs for Ulu Yam, to follow the curved elevated road over the railroad tracks by the new Batu Caves station, and about 1km later, turn right at traffic light (a mosque will be on the right). Continue to follow signs for Ulu Yam.
- 4km later, turn right (again sign-posted Ulu Yam) and follow the scenic winding road past the reservoir and into the hills (don't skid off the road!)
- As you are about to enter Ulu Yam Bahru, you cross a bridge and reach a T-junction.
- Turn right here, go past Thou Yen Restaurant, and then bear right again, going onto a Chinese kampong road. Follow signs to run site and park as above
On On: Restaurant "take your bet !" (Lucky lite? Hock Lay? HYB Sungai Indah? other?)