round and round the hill
Run-site: Bukit Dinding, Setiawangsa
Hare : "Chuck Wow " Don Cheang
Co-hares: Persian poet + tired mandarins
Scribe: Matthew Reilly
Comic: Robert Mulliss
GPS & directions: GPS: N3 11.177; E101 44.595
*On Ulu Klang MRR2 -
1a) from Batu Cave side, along MRR2, pass Tmn Melawati and Zoo Negara. Proceed about 2km more and slip left on top of flyover onto the DUKE Expressway.
1b) From Cheras, chug along MRR2 towards Zoo Negara. Pass the flyover with Ampang Point on your right, go for 700m, slip left onto DUKE Expressway.
2) Once on DUKE proceed for 300m on DUKE, slip left [Exit 3306B] onto Jalan Jelatek.
3) 700m to traffic lights, slip immediate left to Jln Taman Setiawangsa.
4) Proceed along Jln Taman Setiawangsa for 400m, just before 2nd traffic lights (Petronas on left) slip left onto Jalan Bukit Setiawangsa.
5)Proceed on a long left curve towards PUNCAK SETIAWANGSA and follow sign-postings , say hello to NEPALI Guards at Post,
6) turn right to Jln Puncak Setiawangsa 1, continue right on Jln Puncak Setiawangsa 2, to runsite to the left..
[watch for posted PH3 signs]
* From PJ/NKVE onto DUKE Expressway towards Ulu Klang, after paying toll proceed for 1 km; slip left [Exit 3306B] and immediate right into tunnel toward Jalan Jelatek and continue as per (3 to 6) above instructions.
LATEST INFO: In view of the tight parking at the run-site for Sat's Run at Bukit Dinding,
Hare will place sign postings for 4x4 vehicles to park just above the Beer Wagon site, an open field with a majestic view of KL. Hare will be there to marshal parking.
Sedan cars may park on BOTH SIDES of the road leading to run-site.
When parking on main road, DO PARK ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE ONLY, so as not to obstruct local residences.
On On: at Beng Kee Restaurant, 15 jalan Awan, Kuala Ampang, just off the MRR2. GPS: N3 9.883;E101 45.125.
Go to MRR2 via Duke Highway, drive towards Cheras & Ampang, slip left before Ampang point (Jalan Ayer Kerja Lama) and make a U turn under flyover, drive 300m and turn left into jalan Awan. Beng Kee is on the right.