Venue: Ladang Jasmin "Air Panas", Bundoora Estate Ulu Yam Baru
Hares: Gary Waring
Co-Hares: Mike Moore and thank you to Rob Stott, who helps on the recces
Scribe: Mike Chow
Comic: Lye Shyong Ling
GPS- N3 25.568 E101 40.828
Get to Ulu Yam Baru via the dam road, drive through town, turn right toward Genting in middle of town. Drive 0.3 km to pass the police station on left, and immediately after look for right turn with a Blue Sign for Bundoora Sdn Bhd. (it's about 0.2 km from police station and will have hash sign)
Take this turn and drive approx 1.6 km, slowly, (many children playing, dogs, frogs, chickens, etc )
Look for left turn to Bundoora Sdn Bhd. TURN LEFT.
Cross bridge, enter Bundoora Ranch,
Keep Right, follow signs to parking after the Ranch in the Oil Palm, near a hot spring.
For the rest of you consider the following options.
OPTION 1: via Highway and Rawang
Take the NKVE north to Rawang and exit at junction 116. TURN RIGHT and zero trip meter at traffic lights just after Rawang toll. Go through Rawang & Serendah on the old road to Batang Kali/Ipoh. On the way you should pass the following land marks
3.8km roundabout on the Rawang bypass,
5.2km Petronas Service Station on your right.
7.3km Petronas Service Station on your left,
10.0km BHP Service Station on your left.
10.4km Shell Service Station on your right,
12.1km Petronas Service Station on your right
23.0km Petronas Service Station on your left just after the bridge (Batang Kali) 23.4km TURN RIGHT at traffic lights route B66 towards "Ulu Yam Baru/Genting Highlands". Reset trip meter to zero at traffic lights!
Then: At 1.5km Petronas Service Station on your left, at 1.9km digital traffic lights. Go Straight.
Drive another 1.8 km past Yat Lott Fatt Fatt Restaurant.
Pass the turn to Genting Highlands. Drive another 2 km and look for Left Turn to Bundoora Sdn Bhd.
(If you pass Ulu Yam Baharu Police Station you have gone too far bu 0.5km).
Drive approx 1.6 km slowly through Kampong, (many children, dogs, frogs, wogs, hogs, logs, chickens etc playing). Look for Bundoora Sdn Bhd Sign.
Turn Left to Bundoora Sdn Bhd. Cross bridge, enter Bundoora Ranch, Keep Right, follow signs to parking after the Ranch in the Oil Palm.
OPTION 2 - full details for the Batu Dam route
Get onto the Jalan Kuching / MRR2 Roundabout and take exit towards Kuantan/Batu Caves. Set Trip meter to 0km as you exit roundabout
- 0.2km slip off left alongside new shop houses.
- 0.4km keep right (1 o'clock)
- 0.6km left
- 0.8km right at traffic lights (mosque on right)
- 4.9km right towards Ulu Yam
- 27.4km after bridge over river turn left at T junction (you are now entering Ulu Yam)
- 28.3km turn right in centre of village (sign post Genting). Zero Trip meter.
- at 0.3 km pass police station on left, immediately look for right turn at 0.5km, Blue Sign Bundoora Sdn Bhd, TURN RIGHT here.
- Drive slowly through Kampong, (many children, dogs, chickens etc playing). at about 2km look for Bundoora Sdn Bhd Sign .
- at 2.1 km turn Left to Bundoora Sdn Bhd. Cross bridge, enter Bundoora Ranch, Keep Right, follow signs to parking after the Ranch in the Oil Palm.
Note: Bug repellent is recommended (some mosquitoes and sand flies)
ON ON - Hock Lay Restaurant - Directions will be provided by hare at runsite circle.