Venue: 'Genting Valley' (between Ulu Yam and Batang Kali)
Hares: Chris Boyd & Patrick Russell
Scribe: Lim Chun Leong
Comic: Reid Cooper
GPS: N3 27.933 E101 41.177 (at Balinese gates)
From KL proceed to either:
Batang Kali via NSE & Rawang or Ulu Yam Baru via Batu Caves and reservoir road. From either, follow signs for Genting Highlands.
- At the famous 'Old Lucky Lite' cross-roads approx half way between Ulu Yam Baru and Batang Kali set trip-meter and turn right (if coming from Ulu Yam)
or left ( if coming from Batang Kali) towards Genting Highlands.
- Proceed towards Genting from X-roads.
- At 2km and take first left at major junction sign-posted 'Genting Valley'. This road also takes you back to Batang Kali via Ulu Rening & Ulu Tamu junction.
- Follow HHH signs and proceed along winding back road for approx. 2km passing oil palms on left and right.
- At approx 3km look on right hand side for abandoned pondok-hut at entrance to Genting Valley housing development. Turn right here.
- Pass the ever increasing mountains of garbage, cross old concrete bridge continue 500metres passed old run-site with blue roofed building. Come to a large Balinese gate structure on right and park. Please leave the pondok and immediate surrounds free for the beer wagon
Alternative, slightly longer access with less bumpy road is to go from Batang Kali / Shell station traffic lights +4.1km exactly towards Ulu Tamu hot-springs via Kampung Kuantan and turn right @4.1km into Genting Valley development just after wooden bridge
Note the Shell station is currently closed
ON-ON will be at the 'New Lucky Lite' next to Shell station @ Batang Kali. No gweilo lemon chicken this time. Ang-moh wild boar curry instead!Posted by onsec at May 7, 2016 06:41 PM