Belgian National Day Run
Venue: Belgian Beer Garden in Ulu Langat
(aka Langat Seafood and Beer Garden)
Hare: Wim Michiels
Co-Hares: Sen, Ellen, Cliffena and Jochen
Scribe: Philipp Feer
N3 6.380; E101 48.997
N3 6'22.46"N; E101 48'59.85"E
The easy way: enter "Langat Seafood and Beer Garden" in Google Maps or Waze, follow directions, relax.
The other 2 ways: follow below directions.
Route 1: Make your way to the Cheras Expressway (E7) heading towards Kajang. Make sure renovated Cheras Sentral Mall (formerly Phoenix Plaza) is on your right as you head towards the toll. About 300m after the toll turn LEFT to Jalan Ulu Langat (B52) heading towards Ulu Langat and Pekan Batu 9. At Pekan Batu 14's cross-junction traffic lights with the yellow dome mosque on your LEFT, turn RIGHT onto Jalan Sungai Tekali (B116). Drive over a short bridge and after 50 metres, turn RIGHT at the signboard that points to Ulu Langat Beer Garden.
Route 2: Find your way to Jalan Ampang going east towards Bukit Belacan, turn RIGHT on Jalan Taman Putra, follow the road for 6 kilometres and then turn LEFT at Jalan Ulu Langat (B62). After another 7 kilometres, and at the T-junction traffic lights at Pekan Batu 14 (with the yellow dome mosque on your RIGHT), turn RIGHT, keep LEFT and turn onto Jalan Sungai Tekali (B116). Drive over a short bridge and after 50 metres, turn RIGHT at the signboard that points to Ulu Langat Beer Garden.
Please park to the RIGHT as you enter the restaurant compound, as requested by the restaurant proprietress. She doesn't want PH3 to hog the parking area and deprive space for her non-hashing clients. Please park tightly to accommodate other hashers who arrive late.
On-On is at the Belgian Beer Garden Restaurant (after all the Belgian beer is finished)
Queen Bee's Birthday Run
Venue: Kemensah [behind Zoo Negara / Jalan Tiara Kemensah 3]
Hare: Bee Leng
Scribe: Wim Michiels
PS: N3 13' 10.12", E101 46' 6.31"
Head towards Zoo Negara in Ulu Klang.
- From MRR2 take exit left onto Jalan Taman Zoo view. Zero trip meter
- 0.0km. Zoo Negara is on left. Drive on Jalan Taman Zooview
- 0.9km turn left and go over bridge onto Jalan 1
- 1.1km turn left into Jalan 3
- 1.2km turn right into Jalan 5
- Drive on Jalan 5, Bungalows will be on your right, terrace house on your left. This will take you past Al-Iman Mosque on your left
- 2.1km turn right into Jalan Tiara Kemensah 3. Follow this road until see Hash cars. Park on edge of road.
On On will be at Tiam Fatt in Melawati
- Get back on to Jalan L5 and drive for 530m. Turn right into Jalan L1.
- Drive for 350m on Jalan L1 and the road will swing right and merge into Jalan J8.
- Drive for 300m on J8 and at T-junction turn left into Jln Melawati 6.
- Drive for 550m and with BHP and Caltex station in front slip left into Jln Taman Melawati.
- Drive 180m and turn right into Jln Bandar with what looks like a big building in construction on left.
- After 56m turn left at DEENs curry house onto Jln Bandar Melawati.
- After 140m turn right and then immediately right again in Jalan Bandar 2 and park.
- Restaurant Tiam Fatt is at the T junction of 2 building blocks to the left
Don't be late!
Triple On will be at Backyard in Sri Hartamas
The Queen Bee will provide a few jugs of amber nectar, then you can fly on your own !
Venue: Agrotek, Hulu Langat
Hare: Mike Aylward
Co-Hares: Mark Taylor, Abraham Klok
Scribe: Bee Ling
GPS: approx: N3 09.707 E101 49.557
- Go to the Cheras-Kajang highway, pass the Cheras Sentral Mall (ex Phoenix Plaza) Plaza, then exit for Pekan Hulu Langat immediately after the first toll. At the traffic lights about 900m after the exit turn left and you will be on the B52 to Hulu Langat.
- After reaching Hulu Langat, zero the tripmeter at the traffic lights in the centre of town near the mosque.
- Continue on road B52, in the direction of Pekan Batu 18 and Pangsun
- At 1.4 km, turn left towards Taman Agroteknologi (look for the large sign "AGROTEK TECHNOLOGI RESORT)
- At about 5.3 km, arrive at the runsite, right of the road
- Hashmobile : Proton Preve Number Plate BMQ 5801
Alternative routes are available via Ampang on the B62 which lead to the intersection at Hulu Langat town near the mosque. Turn left at the intersection onto B52 and set tripmeter to zero. Proceed as above to the runsite.
On On Langat Ah Soon Seafood & Beer Garden
GPS: N3 06.377 E101 48.990
- Drive back to Ulu Langat
- At traffic lights at the mosque, turn left onto Jalan Sungai Tekali/B116
- After 350m immediately after the bridge turn right and drive about 500m to the Restaurant, on the left.
Venue: Denai Alam
Hare: Stefan Saunders
Scribe: Mike Aylward
GPS: 3.149805 N 101.504132 E
- Take NKVE (E1) to Exit 103 Lebuhraya Guthrie
- At toll trip meter
- At 0.3km follow sign for E35 Lebuhraya Guthrie
- At 3.8km pass toll booth
- At 7.6km take Exit 3505 Bkt Subang
- At top of ramp turn left (signed Bkt Subang) onto Persiaran Elektron
- Pass McDonalds on your left and then turn left at first roundabout [9oclock exit]
- Go to end of road passing straight through 3 roundabouts [at 12 o'clock exits]
On On: Choong Foong Seafood Restaurant
GPS: 3.147838 N 101.531222 E